Amazon in 9th PlaceMay 9, 2018
Food Safety IssuesMay 10, 2018
Survey Sheds Light on Who Is Cooking at Home
The Lempert Report: Iowa resident appeared to avoid eating out the most.By Phil Lempert on May. 09, 2018[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcMybyVLrqk?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&autohide=2&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent]Artisola, a fresh-pasta brand, surveyed 2,000 Americans and found that just 27% cook at home every single day.
The Artisola State of Home Cooking Survey highlights also include:
- 68% of Americans cook more than four times a week, and 6% of Americans say they don’t cook at all.
- When deciding what to cook, 38% use what’s in their fridge, while another 29% eat what’s convenient, meaning prepared foods that just have to be warmed.
- When asked why they don’t cook as much as they’d like, 47% of Americans said they were tired of cooking the same thing.
- If you were questioning the survival of meal kits, 50% of those surveyed said they spend more than an hour on meal preparation.
- Who cooks the most at home? According to the survey, these are the top five states that have the most people who cook seven days a week, starting with No. 1: Iowa, Connecticut, Wisconsin, Oklahoma and Arkansas, with California ranking 18 on the list and New York coming in at 20.